Update on Mr Tims G12 information

Find out HOW _ Post your slot car related questions, answers & Info' Here.
David R

Update on Mr Tims G12 information

Post by David R »

Fox ( Kelly ) endbells are now available undrilled which means you can make your own endbells with advanced or retarted timing.
Also Slick7 now make a unflanged bushing which fits very nicely into the Fox (Kelly) endbell. This solves the problem you often get with the Kelly endbells of the tower being not high enough to clear the comutator.
Always use epoxy to hold bushing into place its a MUST, which means if the bushing is worn its usually time for a new endbell.
Fortunately Fox & Koford bare endbells arn't expencive so it pays to carry spares.
Attachments
Mr Tim.JPG
Mr Tim.JPG (122.22 KiB) Viewed 12644 times
fast_mick

Re: Update on Mr Tims G12 information

Post by fast_mick »

Hi Dave,

Good post, I had forgotten what Tim had written, but i think its good information too.

Michael
Timmy Tyler

Post by Timmy Tyler »

Jeez, I'd forgotten about this!

I am sure that some of my thoughts on components are now very out of date. For example the latest breed of Cahoza cans and endbells look very good indeed, as do their magnets. You can now buy a complete Cahoza setup for not much money that is probably better than anything I built back in the day. Cahoza stuff has always been of the highest quality and hopefully it goes some way towards eliminating some of the problems associated with "built to a price" components. They are available through Alpha (i.e. Geoff Little) which is always reassuring.

Finally, Dave R's comments on endbells and bushings are most good and true. Listen to him, for he is wise.
David R

Post by David R »

Yes Cahoza set ups are fast straight out of the box. For people who like to build their own i have tried just about all the magnets out there. I think most people building their own are using Koford magnets . But a note about what some people might consider old fashoned. Mura Red Dots may have been around a long time but they are consistantly the best matched magnets i have ever seen and every time i slide a arm into a setup with these it goes well . So if you have a setup with these mags i wouldn't go throwing them away .
David R

Post by David R »

A interesting artical on C can magnets buy Ron Hershman

http://slotblog.net/topic/37256-ceramic ... ge__st__90