Good Luck to Those attending the US Nats

Aussie Wing Car Racing General Discussion, Information & Results.
dennist

Good Luck to Those attending the US Nats

Post by dennist »

Good luck to everybody attending, looks like it will be really big this year and a great turnout from Aus.

Looks like the short chassis (4.2ish) have won everything on that track in recent times (including Grp27 Light)

Interesting to hear that there will be a few US racers who are going to use Reggie's "Royal 7" body on that track in Opens (even some of the Brazilian Redfox racers are using it).

I was hoping to design/mold a new Wing Car body this year (my first since the Spyder/Scorpion in 1989), but Bob Crawford has been too ill unfortunately).

BTW - we had a surprise 70th Birthday get together for Bob at Thunderbird Raceway about 7 weeks ago - huge turnout of old Redline, club and 70 to 80's racers. Great to catch up after all these years. Does'nt sound good, but we are all hoping for the best with Bob.
lindsayb

Re: Good Luck to Those attending the US Nats

Post by lindsayb »

All going well over here - Russell and Cody have run I15's, Russel ran box 12 and seemed to do well. I think came 5th (wasnt there) Arrived to the track at the end of the I15 Final - Both were in the final.

Russel and myself ran 27 lights - qualified with a 2.01 which had me in 24th spot, TQ was a 1.91 but after about 4th or 5th there was the next 20 qualifiers between 1.98 and 2.02 so very tight - I won my heat - (havent seen results yet) but expect I would have ended up somewhere around 15th - they had 54 entries was running around 3rd until the A and B finals.

Nit sure where Russel ended up - he had some issue that had him off the track.
il cavalino

Post by il cavalino »

Good effort Lindsay, hope the pit crew isn't letting you down!!!

Geoff
Timmy Tyler

Post by Timmy Tyler »

Wayne finished 4th and Russell 5th in geezer Group7. Excellent effort guys! We're proud of you.