Some thoughts on class's

Aussie Wing Car Racing General Discussion, Information & Results.
lindsayb

Some thoughts on class's

Post by lindsayb »

I hid this at the end of the bring back the glue strand and think it probably needs to be a separate theme.

27 's
I would like to consider is moving from 27's to 27 lite. Mainly because in my view full 27's is harder to get new people into and I dont think we can afford 2 * 27 classes. How long should we schedule a change over (maybe 1 race 2 class's initially - no finals)

I15 's are the working do they have enough support

Box 12 - this seams to be the mainstay and expect it should be left alone.

Do we need a cheap entry class - Overseas they have $100 wing car - box 12 chassis - falcon motor - should we consider this or something like it as an entry class - I think the key for an entry class is a sealed motor. Should we consider a ban for anyone who has one a nats at any class (X number of years) from running the entry class. Spoke to Wayne and he said Falcons at Hornsby are just flat out everywhere - maybe too slow a motor.

happy for thoughts
brad

Re: Some thoughts on class's

Post by brad »

27's
Note: I believe a 27 lite won this years Nats.
I believe the move should be towards 27 lite, but let it evolve. Change now to spray goo and steel chassis, but allow multi mag motors. People have a considerable investment in multi mag motors, and they do not appear to have an advantage in spray. Over time, replacements would be singles. An end date for multis could be put in place (2015 ??).

I15
Only one entry less than wing 12 this year. Cars are very even and makes for good racing. 0.2 seconds covered the top eight qualifiers. leave it.

W12
As you said, a mainstay, leave it.

Entry class
I have run a falcon in 12 & 27 chassis at Rocky, and they're not challenging to say the least. This may be different for a newcomer. Wing 10 would appear to be a better option, as people moving up from sedans probably have a S16D. S16D configuration should match that of sedan.
Probably best to keep this as a local class that matches the track.

my thoughts.

Brad
thumparacing

Post by thumparacing »

as a new comer to the sport of wing , let me say that i have started wing10 racing last year and since then i have also branched into 27 light which may i say ...awesome and cant wait to race this class in the Brock at kingwilly,s this year .

spray glue is so much easier than the other
dan

Post by dan »

That would correct brad i did use a 27 lite car for this year nats.
chadly

Post by chadly »

27 lites sounds good!
single or quad mag opens sound good!
metal chassis sound good!
all of these would contribute greatly to growth of wing racing!

keep 15's for now

wing 12's are great!

does anyone think we need to limit chassis development/cost in GTP12 and flexi's?
Petrol is for cleaning parts
Alcohol is for drinking
Nitro is for racing
Slotcars are for going VERY quick!
Pontiac Jack

Post by Pontiac Jack »

I only returned to wing car racing about 12 months ago,and have progressed from W10 through W12,I-15 and into 27L.
From a personal perspective 27L seems to be the way to go. It's fast,close racing but,most of all,it's affordable.
It has been introduced into regular racing schedules here in Melbourne,and is bringing racers back to the tracks.

W10 is an excellent class. It's fast enough to be interesting and gives you a good grounding in how wing cars work . (or don't... :roll: ).

Cheers,PJ