USA update

Aussie Wing Car Racing General Discussion, Information & Results.
ozproducts

USA update

Post by ozproducts »

Cody went to the track today, to start his assault on BP. The last couple of days he's been staying with one of the racers. He received all his parts that were shipped to Forest Watchers. Chassis,arms,bodies and tyres. So he is busy cutting coms and shafts ready to load, Chassis building will happen back at motel tonight. He just called and said the motors he just ran were doing 1.8s on 4ft and 1.95 on 8ft. He is runnig SPACE rubber by GO FAST. Also Cody said that Peter's track is better. So soon he's off down town LA for dinner with his god father Andy Wasserman, His first race is OMO at 4am Sunday our time.
Wayne
fast_mick

Re: USA update

Post by fast_mick »

Good Luck Cody :ugeek:

You got ugeek becuase he had the biggest glasses

regards
Michael T
ozproducts

Re: USA update #2

Post by ozproducts »

Cody just raced in the OMO Class at BP He came 2nd 917 laps 20 behind 1st, some guy i've not heard of. He did 1 lap more than the winner of semi pro. Most people blew. He had to run straight up most of the way to stay with the leader. Cody raced a 26 mag les wright setup with a koford 84.5 490 arm which we brought from Peter at Mobile just before he left and had it BBB. He also raced a Boola chassis team boola gave him yesterday so he built it at the track last night Sounds like it was a bit soft and loaded up in the back shoot. He just called and said he hooked up his control wrong and blew his transistor (DUMB & DUMBER ). So now he is getting for the pro race 1200 laps just around the corner.9 entries So he is going to run a new motor each heat.Wayne
David R

Post by David R »

Good stuff, keep the news coming ,,,,,,
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

Cody got put down to semi probecause they had 3 entries and he just won the first 2 hts
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

OK Cody just won, He did 1207 laps 2nd had 872 he ran 7motors straight up a koford chassis 531d @4.35 Beuf blend stupidfast rubber he was only 25 laps off track record for opens. Tomorrow he spends day going around LA and hollywood, Then the next 4 days rebuilding for Dallas next weekend, After Dallas he Goes up North to the snow at Skidmarks at this race they will have 30+ entries. He was 3rd in Qual with a 1.5990613 2nd had 1.5720122 1st 1.5306190 semi pro and pro were combined in Qual
Wayne
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

Cody was racing 27 lites today with a borrowed car, he was in secound catching 1st and the lead wire broke. Next class is gp 7 lite's this is run on spray goo and you can only use 2 motors. He lost the 2 motors and finished last i think. He also won concourse in OMO and GP7.After all the wing racing was over they raced jalopys on the road course, This is a scratch build chassis brasss and wire with a hard body, with Falcon 7 motor and big brass wire front and back bumpers. The local hot shot Peter Sterratt gave Cody his spare car and Cody TQ ( new track record) Fastest lap every heat and came 2nd to peter. All the other wing car drivers stood around in amazement watching. Normally wing car drivers CAN'T drive Scale cars
Wayne
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

Cody just won concourse,TQ and won the race in INT15, He was the only entry
Wayne
fast_mick

Post by fast_mick »

hey wayne where is he racing this weekend. Is it Dallas?

Michael T
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

Yes, Go to Dallas slotcars and clink on live web cam. His next race is OMO 5am sunday our time then7am for gp7 2am Monday for 27 lites
Wayne
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

So what,...did Cody decide Not to run Grp27's ???,..

Pretty poor turnout, with Only 4 starters,.. considering the per capita totals, it's Worse than Aussie wing car racing !!!

They certainly got going damn late as well,..if I'm still up, I'll check back for the Opens.

I heard Cody chatting (out of camera) when I first logged in last nite, but haven't seen him there this morning.
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Watching OMO Now,..It's about the Number of Track Calls !!!!,...sigh,...

Well,..in Cody's Own words,.."I Sucked" !!!,.. :lol: :lol:

Les Wright ended up wining by quite a few laps.

Bad luck Cody,.. :(
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

just finished watching opens, Cody ran 3rd 911 laps, Les 2nd 1033 and Chase walker 1st 1123 (ntr)