ADC Retro CanAm 2009

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results for this Great 'Scratch-Builders' Class.
stoo23

ADC Retro CanAm 2009

Post by stoo23 »

2009 HSC Australia Day Classic Retro CanAm.

Just thought I'd drop this in,... as I noticed the 'Report' had Not been 'posted' here.

Firstly, Having Witnessed the Box 12's and The One Motor Open Race as well, One would have to suggest it was a Very Good Weekends Racing, with everyone seeming to Really Enjoy themselves, with some great entrant numbers for all the classes!,..hmm,..well,..except for the Retro's,.. :(

Things seem to be running along well at HSC under James' New ownership.
The New Battery Power for the Big Track seemed appreciated by all,..shame the Power was a bit Varied across the lanes on the Flat Track, hopefully some New Jumpers etc will help there.

So,..Retro's;

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond Many people's control there were quite a Few No Shows from many of the 'Retro' Regulars, like Steve King, Bevan etc and with others also racing Box 12's, (which were held at the same time), we Only had 11 Starters.

BUT it Was a Good Field, with Quite a Few Intersaters joining in, like Sean & Keith Wade and Young Mikey, along with Geoff Little and Peter Dimmers.
Young Sean drove Really well for his First ever Retro Race on a Difficult and demanding little Track and Gained the Respect of Many , like Steve Hutchesson, for his 'Courteous' and good racing !!

I dunno,..these Younguns are Good !!,.. :) :) ,..what a Mix,..14 to 60 year olds !!,..all having Fun !!,.. :) :)

Qualifying, was Another 'Fox' Triumph, with Mark turning in a 'Brace' of Laps Below 5.00 seconds, a 4.832 being the Best.
I managed to 2nd TQ,..again !,..with a few 4.9 somethings, the others all turned in Race competitive times and so the Racing Proved, as Pretty much everyone Drives Really well.

I managed to Win Heat 'A' with 171 laps, with Mikey, James and almost everyone else Duking it out for Any of the 2 remaining Move ups.
Dale Anderson Won Heat 'B' with 169 laps, with Peter and Cody chomping at his heals,..so, we Had;
Peter Dimmers, Cody Bramble, James Colfax (the New track Owner), Dale Anderson, Mikey Batten and Myself in the 'Main'.

I had installed a Fresh Motor in My car and in practice the Motor didn't set the World on Fire, but was OK. It Really Came good in the Heat, but sort of 'went Off' towards the end of the Main, whereas young Mikey's Motor Really seemed to Find some Great Legs as the Main progressed.

Unbelievably, after starting on Purple, (by Choice) and then Black, I was in 1st place !! and managed to hang on to a 'Slim' lead for the rest of the Race, having to be ever 'watchful' of Young Mikey and Peter Dimmers, who had a pretty damn quick Loaner and was driving 'Typically' very well,..this eventually being the finishing order, with Dale coming in 4th.

1 Stoo 262 laps
2 Mikey 258 laps
3 Peter 256 laps

4 Dale 252 laps
5 James 243 laps
6 Cody 53 laps

I think James may have been Slightly 'Under the Weather', of a probably somewhat Hectic Week and may have Already been in 'Zombie' mode,..and somewhat annoyingly, Cody 'dropped out' early on, with what I thought was some kind of breakage/damage, but proved to be that he just couldn't be bothered and wanted to watch the Wing 12's !!,..ROFL,..WTF ???
Would have Made it a Better race if He had stayed and raced,..OR have decided he didn't actually want to 'Run' the Main, meaning Fox could have run !!,..Grrr

Anyway,..we all had FUN !! and enjoyed the racing,..Just as it Should be, with I think everyone really enjoying the event.

Must admit, for myself, it was just 'One of those Days', when you just seem to 'Miss' everyone elses accidents and simply Motor along,..Mind you,..the New Chassis certainly Handled the Conditions on the Day,..Extremely well !!,..Pretty Happy with the Car !!

This 'New' chassis, is realistically Simple car/design,... in fact could arguably be called 'Old School', as I must admit it Does look Very much like something 'We' may have run Many Years ago !!,..lol, (See Pics Below), I have used some 'Extra' Rubber 'Tuning Bits' and with No Lead !!,..Sweet !!,.. :)
Car weighs 126grams Race ready and I Ran 8/27 With Alpha Mid Sized Piranha Rears JK fronts and a Parma Guide and TrueScale Long 'Kirby' Ti-22.
Oh Yeah,..conditions on the Day ???,..possibly one of the Most Exasperatingly Hot and Humid Days I can recall ever experiencing, with temperatures up around the 40 to 42 degrees. Atleast a cool change came along during the evenings Racing.

Once again,..a Great Retro event, and having also watched the Open racing generally was a Great ADC event, and with Lindsay Byron back from the States and keen to Race Retro's along with Tony Pye and a few Other New faces coming along in the Year, we Should see some Healthier and Very skilled entries in the Future.

Some Pics to Come
Attachments
Chassis and Body. Top View.
Chassis and Body. Top View.
New_Car_1.JPG (246.49 KiB) Viewed 5116 times
Chassis, Close Up.
Chassis, Close Up.
New_Car_2.JPG (238.74 KiB) Viewed 5116 times
John G

Re: ADC Retro CanAm 2009

Post by John G »

2009 HSC Australia Day Classic Retro CanAm
2009???
stoo23

Re: ADC Retro CanAm 2009

Post by stoo23 »

Yes I Know,..an Old Report, It was 'posted' Elsewhere and I put it here for if Nothing Else,..Steve King and the Retro 'Site',..lol

You know?!!,..Just for the Record.

Cheers,
:)