The brock

Aussie Wing Car Racing General Discussion, Information & Results.
Bruce

The brock

Post by Bruce »

Just wondering if anybody has any thoughts regarding the brock trophy race this year. I understand pvh view about his 10 or so international guests but i dont understand why there are no sedan classes.Could they have been held the weekend before or even the weekend after? It just doesnt seem the same without the sedans Bruce
il cavalino

Re: The brock

Post by il cavalino »

Hi Bruce,

I recall a discussion when the ASCRA was set up a few years ago about classes to run at the Nats and I'm pretty sure that there were classes that had to be run.

A Flexi class, GTP12, Wing 12, Int 15, G27, and Open. Apart from these it is the perogative of the hosting track to run other classes, such as local racing classes.

As far as I am aware there is no such compulsion to run particular classes at other major events such as the Brock.

Having said that, however, since I have had involvement in running the event dating back to 1991 we have always run sedan as well as wing classes.

As the Brock will revert back to King Willys in 2012 as part of the normal rotation between King Willys and Dandenong I can assure you that we will run sedan classes.

Geoff
CAB77

Post by CAB77 »

As a travelling sedan driver who is kidding himself with wing cars I would of liked to at least seen gtp12. I do understand why there is no sedan cars if the numbers are as big as there supposed to be be very long days. What else is new at slotcar races.
Last edited by CAB77 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
michael

Post by michael »

When is this crazy idea that only one track in Melbourne holds 2 annual races a year and the other track does nothing when is it going to end..................
KING WILLYS -Brock sept/oct..
MOBILE RACEWAYS-Victorian Titles June long weekend....

Qld Mick...
michael

Post by michael »

Can anybody tell me who is really coming to the BROCK ..
Qld Mick..
Tony.A

Post by Tony.A »

i thought it would be upto each individual track owner to decide if they want to run amajor race meeting or not.Obviously another case of tall poppy syndrome here.
Tony.A

Post by Tony.A »

i obviously hit a nerve there as you are certainly have no brains to reply like that!!!! Why is it that everyone seems to have a go at Peter's efforts to promote our fantastic hobby?
michael

Post by michael »

Why do you think i am having a go at peter .?????

Qld mick..
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Tony, you are right in saying it should be up to each individual track owner to pick and choose what races they have during each year. A good example was the introduction of 'The Winter Nats' a few years ago by Peter but my understanding was that the track in Williamstown was to have it every alternate year and 'The Brock'was to be shared as well. Unfortunately 'The Winter Nats' was never "offered" to Geoff and now Peter is staging The Brock as well this year. Apparently at the 2010 nats a vote was taken as to where the 2011 nats were to be held, and as the track in Williamstown was "next in line" it went to the appropriate place. I believe Peter put in a bid to hold it at his track which would have meant Geoff would not hold them for 6 years. I only hope the dozens of racers that Peter has sold cars to during the last 12 months or so with his introduction of Saturday morning racing ( a very worthwhile cause) were not too dissapointed to find their class not included in the upcoming race.
Tony.A

Post by Tony.A »

Geoff could've run his own version of the winternats or any other major race meeting if he wanted too Bruce whether it is offered to him or not.As for the Saturday race club there was a major meeting for the utes that was held recently for both Juniors and adults.The winternats that was run at MR was to help the wing car racers prepare for the Brock.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Hi tony, I said it was a mutual decision by both owners to alternate the races and clearly this did not happen as Geoff has not staged 'The Winter Nats' at all. :roll: It seems like PVH wants to hold all the major races at Dandenong and leave Geoff with nothing. Happy motoring
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Hi Michael, as rumors abound, I believe Beuf ,and 2 other Americans along with Jose and his brother are headed for our shores to compete at the brock.As for Australians who are competing I am not sure about, but with no sedan classes the entries are sure to be less than at the real brock. Happy motoring. :D
il cavalino

Post by il cavalino »

Hi Bruce and Tony A.

A few facts.

I did in fact run a race on the June long weekend last year.

As you will recall PVH ran the Model Car Nationals during that weekend at his track and I had initially not intended to have any racing that weekend as we are always loath to schedule racing at the same time as any other other major race.

It was only after the suggestions of a few racers (a couple from M.R. I might add) and clearing it with PVH that I ran the Adam Miller on that weekend.

Can I also add that I supported the model car nats by lending my gear to one of our local racers to race.

Bruce, thank you for your continued support.

Tony, myself along with Paul and Ted and Andy continue to support M.R. events, it's a shame more M.R. racers aren't able to reciprocate.

Geoff
Last edited by il cavalino on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slotcar girl

Post by slotcar girl »

QLD Mick...G'day from sunny Melbourne, I have a list of 55 names on a white board in the office of people who have indicated they are thinking of coming. Against these names I have 9 Question marks. They are local, interstate and international, USA, Brazil and NZ. You are included in this number of course...I've already starting stocking up on Egg and Bacon Pasties..!!! ;)
michael

Post by michael »

Thanks Deb in sunny melbourne!!!!!!! :lol:
Where did ya find 55 racers.
Qld Mick...