MODEL CAR NATS- WHAT'S WRONG?

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results, for More 'Scale Related' Model Cars.
nomad

Re: MODEL CAR NATS- WHAT'S WRONG?

Post by nomad »

How silly!! a cop out; Vote on what! Someone wanted to host an event, they set it up no-one voted. They just put their hand up and made an offer to run something and at first we went along. Good for them, it made commercial sense.

In retrospect we actually did vote. We voted with our feet and did not go to further meetings and just as well it seems. I don't need to go to the Nationals once a year to have fun racing slot cars , i have fun racing slot cars every week at various home tracks which are all tactically different and enjoyable to race on, both 1/24 and 1/32, with i might add most of the good (scale) racers in VIC who don't need the nationals. In my opinion first and foremost, i betcha its about the track. As for M.R. nationals we went the first year, (Won) did not think the track was that challenging and didn't repeat the effort.
However, perhaps if more interstaters came down, maybe,just maybe, more locals might have turned up. ( its always great to see the canetoads and cockroaches niggle one and other!!!)

Lastly, most people who race at our 9 or ten tracks like them all. They are all different tracks we have great fun.
Me personally. I went to Hornsby last year cause i just wanted to race on that track, i am going to QLD next month cause i want to run on that track and see a couple of others. . Did i have fun? Yep. Did i meet some good people? Yep. Did i win races? Nope !!! Will i go back? maybe not, as its still a costly exercise nonetheless.

Cop out i think not.!!!!
Tony.A

Post by Tony.A »

Regardless whether you like the track or not,after it was an AUSTRALIAN TITLES which should have been enough incentive to try to win a trophy and a far more important event than your regularweekly racing.Or was it a case of just wanting to be the big fish in a small pond
sg1

Post by sg1 »

Tony.A wrote:Regardless whether you like the track or not,after it was an AUSTRALIAN TITLES which should have been enough incentive to try to win a trophy and a far more important event than your regularweekly racing.Or was it a case of just wanting to be the big fish in a small pond
:lol: the attendance is the what counts , winning is a bonus :lol:
chadly

Post by chadly »

yep, just by being there.

maybe if it was touted as less professional, might not scare ppl from not entering!

:(
Petrol is for cleaning parts
Alcohol is for drinking
Nitro is for racing
Slotcars are for going VERY quick!
Tony.A

Post by Tony.A »

true attendance to an event is what counts.But not turning up just because you don't like the track is a weak excuse.You don't hear motor racing drivers say that they will not race at a certain track because of their dislike of it.
sg1

Post by sg1 »

sg1 wrote:
Tony.A wrote:Regardless whether you like the track or not,after it was an AUSTRALIAN TITLES which should have been enough incentive to try to win a trophy and a far more important event than your regularweekly racing.Or was it a case of just wanting to be the big fish in a small pond
:lol: the attendance is the what counts , winning is a bonus :lol:
what i really meant was.
i come to race and enjoy the company of some racers ,but not to race like with the "MUST WIN " attitude

i did prepare my cars for the PEC (Ed. I'm sure you meant to say PEC. The APC is on next month in Brisbane) race ,but no one bothered to turn up!!!
i found out the race was cancelled a day before my flight.....

now i'll ask this question
who instigated the rules for the races? why was there a lot of stupid politics involving the rules?
a few guys that i know were ready with all the cars ,yet were devastated when the event was cancelled.
one even threw his car at the wall( freshly done)
after all the hardwork we done it was cancelled?????????????????????
so who is to blame ?
Garry J

Post by Garry J »

Just in case anyone has forgotten we enjoy a great deal of personal freedom in this country and racers are free to race or not race as they please.

On the other hand this forum is not a democracy but more like a dictatorship, so please, keep the discussion going but keep the tone civil.

Thank you,
Cheers,

Garry J
bulsara

Post by bulsara »

nomad wrote:As a local within 1 hour driving, quite simply put, the track is not suited to model car racing. When Pete decides to support the local guys who have quite simply spent $000's in his shop over the years and engages them in the hobby, builds a sensible model car track, then i am sure more support will follow. If you look overseas they have mostly flat tracks which require a different skill to the high speed tracks which simply bore me.(and others who did not turn up of which there are at least 10 of us). The way i see it he has room for three tracks easy.
Who says it is not suited to model car racing??? No, honestly please tell me who says it is not suited!!! Why should Peter build a "sensible" model car track??? What is a "sensible" model car track, please upload a plan of your ideal track. Yeah, Peter has plenty of room for another track, as long as you don't mind competing in a car park. Whoever says he has the room is either delusional or has never been to Mobile Raceways.
How about you build us the so called perfect model car track, hold an event and everyone can put shit on you like they have Peter.
How about this being the last post on this subject and leave Peter alone!!!!!!

ps. I was there, you weren't, back off!!!
Koford1

Post by Koford1 »

Guess you missed the previous post about keeping it civil :cry:
Oh and you don't have to go far to find a plan of a scale track-try the ASCRA homepage
Regards

Chucky
bulsara

Post by bulsara »

Koford1 wrote:Guess you missed the previous post about keeping it civil :cry:
Oh and you don't have to go far to find a plan of a scale track-try the ASCRA homepage
All you lot are really against Peter, aren't you!!!!!
What I have read the last couple of weeks is not civil, so why start now.
What's this about scale track plans I thought we were talking about model track plans. Are you just clutching at straws. And I bet you didn't attend either.
I do not wish to be uncivil. Please repeat all my quotes that you find offensive and I will correct them.
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Hmmm,..,..as Far as I can read in all the previous posts,..No One has put Shit on Peter,..at All !!
In fact,..quite the Opposite, I would suggest, about both himself and the Standard of the Raceway!

I think it is Completely Fine to Decide 'Not to Race',..Because you Don't like the Track.

All the Comments about Not hearing Real Racing drivers complain,..etc, etc,..is Totally Irrelevant,..as They are On Contracts and Either chasing a Championship, AND Being Paid inordinate amounts of Money to Turn Up and Drive. PLUS,..some Very Famous individuals Have Done Just that 'In The Past' and is why Many forms of Motor sport are either No Longer World Championship events, or even Hold Races anymore.

Remember, it was Bary Sheene's Lobbying and 'Influence', that Got the Isle of Man Removed from a 'Must Attend' round of the World Championship.

This is a 'Hobby', Not a Profession and people are Completely Free to choose What and When they attend, If at All.

As to what 'Constitutes' a Good Scale Track,..then Many Might argue a Variation on the MTT style track would be a Candidate, BPR's Flat Track,..or perhaps the Track at Mid America, that is Similar to HSC.

Personally, I feel the 1/32 scale classes, Should Really be racing on an 'Appropriate' Sized Track, and there one can find Many Fine Examples on some Other Forums.

I actually Really Like the Kingleman !!!,..but as I have said, to Me,..it's a Track I'd Love to Race Fast cars from my past on,.. :D As would Koford1 I would suggest,.. the Person you just 'accused' of Not attending as well, was actually attending the "Other" race,..you Know,..the 'BLOB' car Race,..at That Other Track !!

Sad state of affairs within the Hobby isn't it, when you realise the Model Car Nat's was Down on Attendance,..because some Wing Car Drivers, that also Race Model cars decided to go to a Wing Car race instead !!

May I suggest as well, that in Regard to Raceways and running them, he is also, Most qualified to 'have an Opinion' !!

You know, I Kinda Hoped that as someone else 'asked the question', and some Ideas were bandied about, that the post may have developed some Creative discussion about, the Why's and wherefor's etc

May I suggest it Won't Get Any better without finding What (perhaps if anything) is or Was wrong!
jazzbell

Post by jazzbell »

Brain nobody is against Peter. We all know to run a national event we need the
commercial centres. Mobile raceways would be one of the best in the world. Some of the locals are just after change. Remember if your spending $ooo's, you like something in return as well. I think Mark is just trying to say they want something new to drive on. Brain,these guy's posting have been around a while and are not newbies. I know your a fresh racer so no need to bite.

Mark,it is a piss poor excuse not to race because the track bores you. I race here at Thunderbird raceway in Adelaide 2 nights a week and have done for the last 5 years, plus my weekends an i hate our tracks with a passion,and yes they bore me too,but i still go. I whish we could have new tracks at our commercial
centre but it's not the case.

regards shane a

team thunderbird
sg1

Post by sg1 »

lucky youse !!!!you got commercial tracks to race on unlike us ,
we only have hornsby slot cars here in sydney
jam studios are not in full bore yet , and they don't seem to cater for plafit racing

we love racing and playing with our cars and trucks and i honestly like taunting brian and george:lol:
brian !!!!! build your plafit racecar the proper way and race it !!! not just look and admire it :lol:
Garry J

Post by Garry J »

Brian (bulsara) has requested that his forum membership be cancelled and I have complied with his request.
Cheers,

Garry J
sg1

Post by sg1 »

Garry J wrote:Brian (bulsara) has requested that his forum membership be cancelled and I have complied with his request.
why????????????
or is he going to come in with another name??? :lol: :lol: :lol: