HSC Plafit Series. Round 4

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results, for More 'Scale Related' Model Cars.
stoo23

HSC Plafit Series. Round 4

Post by stoo23 »

A Rather 'Hot' Nights racing was had this past Saturday evening at HSC,..even If the Weather was FAR from Warm !!,..lol

Once again, all the Usual 'suspects' were there, along with a few Others to add to the 'Mix' and was good to see Bevan return for a run.

We had 10 starters for 1/32 Modern GT and 11 starters for 1/24th CanAm/Sports GT, as once again, Mark Fox ran one of HSC's Cars, as he did at the Last round, (somewhat effectively,..lol).

I guess partly due to the COLD Evening, Traction was somewhat Non existent during practice on the 'Clean' track,..rofl, (especially with my 1/24th car, as the Tyres were almost brand new and were Not as round as one would ideally like,..lol),..BUT,...

It has to be said, that All the racing was pretty awesome!
Many exceeding any previous lap totals in Both classes! Quite amazing really.

Having had mostly excelent and super clean racing so far in these classes, I was somewhat distressed by the somewhat 'Scrappy' raceing at times in Both classes. (I was worried Mainly as I was running James' Lovely Porsche 917 body,..again,..as neither of Mine were complete enough to run,..thanks James,..Repairs are under way !!,..lol).

Anyway,..I guess it's simply Racing experience and it was Pretty fast Paced and Running Hot !!,..lol

The 'Crowd', as usual, once again, enjoyed a very sociable and Jovial evening's racing as well, so as with Retro, you Kinda Know that Everyone had a Fun time, and some great racing.

As can be seen from the lap totals in the events as they Progress through the night, things got Much Faster !!

I 'Pity' those in the Very First Heat of the Night, as their Lap totals show. (This being a Particular problem with This class and running Only Heats with Lap Totals I fear!), but I digress,..

No Super detailed report, but here are the Places on the evening.

!/32 Modern GT
Heat 1

These guys did have a good Fun Race, with Dale 'Typically' coming out on top.
jake and Jacco had a Great 'Tussle' all race long, with jacco's maser providing some 'added' "Form", after some Re-engineering,..with More to come I'd suggest. Their ultimate finish was So close, with Jake Just 'Pipping' jacco in the final Bracket,..the Outcome, below;

1st Dale 196 laps
2nd Jake 183 laps
3rd Jacco 183 laps

4th Brad 167 laps
5th Wayne (Burton) 160 laps

I guess, as Some evidence of the 'First Race of the Night 'Concept' I mentioned, Dale's fastest laps in His heat, were All in the 7 second bracket, his fastest being a 7.028. No one in the 2nd heat even Did a 7 second lap. All were in the 6 second bracket!

Heat 2

You'd Have to say this heat had Two Races,..One for james and Cody and another for the Rest of us!,..lol

James' current car is Extremely Quick and so is Cody's, let alone that they Both Drive extremely well !!

I had a Race long 'Chase' of Bevan with My 'Maser' finishing Just a Lap behind Bevan's 'maser', with Troy Most strangely, following us all home on this evening,..Mind you all lap totals were pretty reasonable, James and Cody's just being Much better !!,..lol

1st James 215 laps
2nd Cody 213 laps
3rd Bevan 206 laps

4th Stoo 205 laps
5th Troy 201 laps

1/24th CanAm/Sports GT

Heat 1

This was a 'Tough' and rather hard race.
Wayne (Bramble) virtually 'Cruised' it, with the rest of us, myself especially, chasing him Hard.
It took a while for My Rear tyres to start to feel like they were Working well and as the race progressed my Lap totals increased, except for a bit of a shocker on Red.

Plenty of hard racing in the middle for the 'Places', with Jacco, Jake and Brad.

It should I guess also be 'noted that almost the Whole field in the last race of the evening exceeded Our laps totals !!

Anyway,..the Final outcome of Heat 1;

1st Wayne (Bramble) 234 laps
2nd Stoo 227 laps
3rd Jacco 222 laps

4th Brad 216 laps
5th Jake 209 laps

Heat 2

Well,..this race was so Much cleaner And faster than heat 1, it was almost a Joke!!,..Fast !!,..Yep !!,..lol

It was a Very 'Jovial' race,..with some 'stunt' driving by Mark Fox during the event, showing us How to 2 wheel and 'Park' the car on it's Side,..Mid Corner !, lol,..BUT,..it was Also,..'Blisteringly' FAST !!

ALL the lap totals could be described as very good,...Most as Great!,..some as amazing !!
The lap totals don't really show how close and tough the racing 'appeared' to be,..But,..What lap Totals.

Cody 'Cruised' it,..ROFL to finish First, chased by Bevan, chased by Troy. With mark following closely, then dale and finally James.
It was a Fun race, with a LOT of Laughs and Great racing.
Once again, everyone I believe having a great Night.

The outcome of Heat 2;
1st Cody 247 laps
2nd Bevan 242 laps
3rd Troy 239 laps
4th Mark 235 laps
5th Dale 231 laps
6th James 228 laps

I think James must have been 'Fading' by the end of the evening, as he had Not even intended staying to race as he was somewhat exhausted after a few tough days.

Cheers
:D
Attachments
1/32 cars in Heat 1;<br />Jakes' New Lambo', Dale's Re-Fettled Aston, Jacco's Improved maser', Brad's and Wayne's.
1/32 cars in Heat 1;
Jakes' New Lambo', Dale's Re-Fettled Aston, Jacco's Improved maser', Brad's and Wayne's.
SAM_0149.jpg (116.8 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
1/32 heat 1 drivers;<br />Wayne, Brad, Jacco, Dale, Jake and Wayne,..lol, Not racing.
1/32 heat 1 drivers;
Wayne, Brad, Jacco, Dale, Jake and Wayne,..lol, Not racing.
SAM_0148.jpg (61.12 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
1/32 heat 2 cars;<br />Cody, Troy, Bevan (without Wing), Stoo and James' Very fast Mosler.
1/32 heat 2 cars;
Cody, Troy, Bevan (without Wing), Stoo and James' Very fast Mosler.
SAM_0150.jpg (119.95 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
Some 'Intense' racing in Heat 2 of the 1/32;<br />James, Stoo, Bevan, Troy and Cody.
Some 'Intense' racing in Heat 2 of the 1/32;
James, Stoo, Bevan, Troy and Cody.
SAM_0152.jpg (85.15 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
heat 1 cars, 1/24th CanAm/Sports GT;<br />Wayne, Jake, Jacco, Stoo (with James Porka body) and Brad.
heat 1 cars, 1/24th CanAm/Sports GT;
Wayne, Jake, Jacco, Stoo (with James Porka body) and Brad.
SAM_0153.jpg (114.57 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
Heat 1 drivers. 1/24th canAm;<br />Brad, Stoo, Jacco, Jake and Wayne Bramble.
Heat 1 drivers. 1/24th canAm;
Brad, Stoo, Jacco, Jake and Wayne Bramble.
SAM_0154.jpg (76.84 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
Cars of Heat 2 1/24th far to near;<br />Troy, Cody, Bevan, James, Mark and Dale.
Cars of Heat 2 1/24th far to near;
Troy, Cody, Bevan, James, Mark and Dale.
SAM_0155.jpg (111.55 KiB) Viewed 3595 times
1/24th CanAm heat 2 drivers;<br />Dale, Mark, James, Bevan, Cody and Troy
1/24th CanAm heat 2 drivers;
Dale, Mark, James, Bevan, Cody and Troy
SAM_0156.jpg (66.38 KiB) Viewed 3595 times