Racing at Other Tracks ??

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results for this Great 'Scratch-Builders' Class.
WSMCR-Plucka

Re: Racing at Other Tracks ??

Post by WSMCR-Plucka »

Aprox 132 feet.

Well thats what the sheet says anyway.
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Sorry !!

Didn't mean to shrink it !!,...lol
RePete

Post by RePete »

Hey Plucka

I did measure and write the length in pencil on the track I think it was on the lead on section

From memory it ended up at 125 feet

PEte
WSMCR-Plucka

Post by WSMCR-Plucka »

So magic pixie dust wont make it longer?

Bugger!

Thanks Pete.
RePete

Post by RePete »

It might I've never tried it :D

Maybe if you paint the surface purple and the fences pink it will look enormous :lol:
WSMCR-Plucka

Post by WSMCR-Plucka »

Hey Stoo..

I have one of these i have been playing with (16D in a Parma setup with 3/32 rear end)

chadly

Post by chadly »

i think that's an old "yeti".....? They used to be great.
I wouldn't mind using a scatch built chassis against an unmodified flexi-kar chassis. I say unmodified because you could take a good flexi chassis, cut some steel out of the rear end, strengthen some parts with piano wire and you would have an awesome car. As it is, most good flexi chassis' bend like bannanas (excluding the champion flexi's).
8-)
Attachments
1/24 flat track worlds winner. edit: mmmmmmm, prolly not!
1/24 flat track worlds winner. edit: mmmmmmm, prolly not!
turbo flex.jpg (121.89 KiB) Viewed 17063 times
Petrol is for cleaning parts
Alcohol is for drinking
Nitro is for racing
Slotcars are for going VERY quick!
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

OK Now !!!

Pete was 'Pushing the Envelope', with those Scale Hard Body Cars,..and then Along You come, a New Wetwegian Member and You Post Flexi Car Pictures in the Retro "Scratchbuilding section,..AHHHH !!!,..Grrrrr,...

ADMIN !!,..Ban this Person,...Quickly,...and Get his address, so we Can Kill ALL His Progeny !!!,...ROFL

Atleast One Picture of a Retro Chassis will be required to Save Each Child !!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
chadly

Post by chadly »

hahahaha. I don't have any children. And i was actually brought up in Adelaide!
I get alot of "oh, you're proof that Tasmanians can swim". I just tell'em west aussies are proof that boat people can swim!
:D

i'll find a good chassis pic too! ;)
Petrol is for cleaning parts
Alcohol is for drinking
Nitro is for racing
Slotcars are for going VERY quick!
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Hey guys,...
Had a squizz at Pluckas Calendar,...and it would seem he has scheduled some Aussie Retro Races, to be held on Fridays, on the following Dates;

22nd May, 26th June, 24th July, 28th August, 25th September, 23rd October, 27th November.

If I understand the Calendar,..sounds good !

A few of us had been discussing heading on over ,...guess we have a good reason Now !!,..lol

:D :D
hutch--

Post by hutch-- »

Hi Guys,

Don't be afraid to join Plucka's forum either, he speaks English, doesn't bite and even answers questions.

http://www.wsmcr.com/index.php?option=c ... &Itemid=80

The track looks great, Kingy has already had a play on it and liked it so it should be fun to drive retro cars on it.

Regards,

hutch at movsd dot com
WSMCR-Plucka

Post by WSMCR-Plucka »

Sorry about the calender.

Its a little confusing but its the 4th Friday of each month.

I will have a calender on the front page (possibly tonight) where it will list the following weks events.

We will be starting Can Am eventually (playing the numbers and cars game)

We will also be running GT1 like Hornsby, King Willys, Mobile and Slick 7 soon.

Ill build an Aussie Retro car this week and see how it runs and then try to venture up to Hornsby.
WSMCR-Plucka

Post by WSMCR-Plucka »

If anyone that has a retro car is in the area tonight is scheduled to be an Aussie Retro race night but it can be used as a practice get to know the track night.

I have built the rolling chassis for myself i just need to make sure the dimensions are right and to obtain a body from Hornsby so i can paint it up and race it.

Ill post a pic later.
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Well, Having now actually Driven around Plucka's New Track, I reckon it would be a Great Track to have a race on.

Perhaps we could try and organise something on one of the upcoming 'Scheduled' evenings.

I am unsure just How Many 'Non Local' racers would make the journey, but perhaps we could organise Wayne, Cody, or James, to Join us, perhaps along with Lindsay/Tony P etc, see if we can get Troy along as well, so,..with PeteH, Hutcho, Fox and Myself, maybe even SteveK, with a whole Bunch of spare cars, we Might be able to have a good field of possible starters.

I know Greg T has run and Been VERY Effective at HSC and judging from the 'Building' standard exhibited by many of the local Drag guys, I am Sure they would be capable of building both effective and beautiful looking cars,..IF we can Convince them, that is,.. :D :D :D

Perhaps even Make a Special 'Day/Race' of it, ??,..I dunno,..just some ideas.

I must admit I find it quite amazing, that there having been very Few tracks around ,..at all !!,..there NOW seems to be reports of even More tracks ,..Coming out of the Wood work as it were.

Wayne was saying someone has the Old Budgewoi track set up (or in the process of) out near Campbelltown somewhere !!
That track would be a FUN Retro Track as well,..Hmmm,..Perhaps we could even convince 'Stumpy' to come and Race Retro's on That Track !!,..ROFL.

So,..along with Shane's Track at Tuggerah and SSME, Pluckas, HSC and the 'Possibilities' of the Other tracks at Vineyard,..there Could be an Interesting and Diverse Series/Championship.

Ofcourse,..this all revolves around there Actually being enough 'Interested' Racers!!

Maybe we could run Another Class as well ??

Anyway,..Just Some Ideas,..I'm just keen to keep having Fun and as I always enjoyed racing at Various tracks, would try and 'Support' the concept if it Happens.

:D :D
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Having started this thread, to guage interest in Rcing at Other tracks,..always Fun and Now having this actually happening is a Really good thing.

Some time ago we venturd out to Pluckas to have a run,..but with the first Round of the combined GT1/Retro series on a Tuesday, I could Not attend.

having been visiting my Mother up the Central Coast, I took the Opportunity to have a 'Test' run around Shayne's new Track at SlotCarShed, what with there being an Iminent race there,..Only to be informed last Niht that I have to Work that evening !!,..DOH !!

I can see it Now,..on the Night we race at SSME, I will have something on as well,..probably Not the case with the HSC round as My work will have finished for the Year,..somewhat funny if the series ends without actually having had a RACE at the Other tracks,..Doh !,..sigh,..Oh well,..I'm sure those that will attend Will have a Good time.

Shayne's Little Track, is Certainly Interesting,..(in fact I was actually starting to build a New car for it), so it should be if Nothing else, an Interesting race.

Might have to try and build a new car for SSME,..just in cae I can get to the Race !!,..lol

Oh well,..have a Good race guys,..Hopefully see you at One of these races,..lol