HSC Retro CanAm & F1 Round 1 2010

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results for this Great 'Scratch-Builders' Class.
stoo23

HSC Retro CanAm & F1 Round 1 2010

Post by stoo23 »

The first round of the 2010 Aussie Retro Racing season at Hornsby Slot Cars was held this last Saturday the 13th February.

As noted in a couple of other posts,..on a personal level, I was less than well prepared for the event,..Technically and on the day definitely Not Mentally !!,..lol,..BUT,...

Considering the relatively 'Short Notice',..we had a Pretty Healthy number of entries !!

One other point most definitely worth mentioning, is the very apparent improvement and competitiveness of quite a few of the Newer regulars, some of which have never raced cars like these before, a couple of others are Older Hands returning to the fold,..but just generally, the Racing Really has become incredibly fast and Clean, with really excellent driving being displayed by All the current Crop of competitors.

Whilst Running the Final of the CanAm's, it was Fantastic to 'Watch' the racing and Note the Lap totals as the Race progressed, as until quite Late in the Race, we only had 1 or 2 laps covering the Whole field, with for about 3 brackets, 5 cars all on the same laps !!!

I guess RobG is a 'Noticeable' improver,..driving well and being a distinct challenge in any of the races,..well done mate!,..(it MUST be those TrueScale Bodies !!,..ROFL).

May I say it was also Great to see WayneB have a run and to have both James and Wayne enjoying the opportunity to have a Fun Relaxed Race!

I think we are Extremely 'Fortunate' indeed to have currently, a Great bunch of People who seem to be turning up Pretty Much regularly, that along with the very cordial and relaxed environment provided at HSC, is allowing us all to have quite simply, an enjoyable evening at Worst, with the bonus being Some truly Fine Racing as well. We saw some Great Lap totals from Everyone,..Simply,..Great Stuff!!! :D

With 13 starters Qualifying for the CanAm,
Wayne 5.037
Mark 5.050
Dale 5.094
Stoo 5.114
Bill 5.125
RobG 5.152
James 5.158
Charles 5.188
Troy 5.194
Brad 5.451
Gregg 5.490
Jacco 5.564
Darryl 5.582

As can be seen from that Qual list,..Very Close across the field.

The Heats were Very Fast and Tough, with some Fantastic driving, with the top 4 in each heat moving to the Final, we ended with a really Hot field of drivers.
JamesC, RobG, MarkF, CharlesR, WayneB, GreggT, DaleA and TroyB.

It must be said that Mark 'Fox', was truly dominant in the Final, never relinquishing first place,..close at times, but finally ended a Number of laps ahead, with 261, Dale taking 2nd with 257 and Wayne 3rd with 256. RobG was a very close 4th, with 255. James coming in 5th with 253, Troy 6th with 251 and GreggT not having the Best of runs bringing up the Rear on 245, a shame, as Gregg was at one stage 2nd but had a disastrous run on Red, which wrecked his race.

Interesting as well, is that Only the Top 3 place getters managed a 34 on Any lane. Mark acheiving this on three lanes, Wayne on two and Dale on one,..That's 'Hooting' and is evident of the Quality of the Final, as everyone elses totals are in the 32 and 33's, 29 being the Worst anyone did (apart from gregg with 26 on Red), so No one was just 'Hangin' Round',..lol

Well done Mark and Congrats to All,..it was some Very good racing and it has to be said some Very Good Marshalling as well !! :D

We had 11 starters for the F1's, so we just ran 2 heats, with lap totals deciding the outcome, which isn't often a very good method, but as we had started a bit late, (Probaly starting at 7.00pm now), it allowed us to have a shorter evening, which was good, as the recent weather and humidity have been tough,..I for one felt like a Zombie !!,..my performances suggesting I probably Was a Zombie,..or might as well Have been one !!,..ROFL

Rob G, Jacco, Charles, James and Myself were in the First heat and we Bravely raced away, having an OK?! race, although No 'startling' lap totals by any of us.
Charles Drove Very well to Win our Heat with 252 laps, James 2nd on 251 and RobG 3rd with 249.
Jacco and myself well down on the evening, with 232 and 237 respectively.

With Bill, Wayne, Mark, Troy Brad and Dale in the 2nd Heat and Knowing just How Fast Mark and Waynes cars were, it was Not looking good for Any of Us,..lol and so it turned out,..DOH!!

Wayne once again,..'Wiped the Floor' with that Absolute 'Weapon' of an F1 that he built, (The same car Cody 'Blitzed' us with before), although 'Fox' managed to atleast argue the point, by stealing 1st at various stages during the heat, (Only wayne and Mark did 35's!!), with Wayne Finally taking the event with 262 laps !!

Troy along with Dale and Mark were all always in 'the Chase', with in fact Troy taking 2nd overall with 260 laps, Dale managed to claim 3rd, with 259, Just Pipping Mark at the end, also on 259 !!
Bill and Brad finishing with 232 and 227 respectively, intersting that 5th place managed exactly the same laps in Both heats !!

Mark took som Pics and I will attempt to get them up asap.

Quite simply a really good and Fun beginning for "Aussie Retro" in 2010. If we ever get all the entrants who Do Run attending all at the same time, it Will be a Great Race !!
Hope to see you All at the Next round :D
Attachments
Heat 1 CanAm cars
Heat 1 CanAm cars
IMG_3419.JPG (56.86 KiB) Viewed 9341 times
Heat 2 CanAm cars
Heat 2 CanAm cars
IMG_3420.JPG (66.2 KiB) Viewed 9341 times
Heat 2 CanAm drivers
Heat 2 CanAm drivers
IMG_3421.JPG (75.74 KiB) Viewed 9340 times
Cars of the CanAm Final
Cars of the CanAm Final
IMG_3423.JPG (71.54 KiB) Viewed 9339 times
CanAm Final Drivers
CanAm Final Drivers
IMG_3424.JPG (68.47 KiB) Viewed 9337 times
Heat 1 cars
Heat 1 cars
IMG_3425.JPG (59.34 KiB) Viewed 9337 times
F1 Heat 1
F1 Heat 1
IMG_3426.JPG (67.84 KiB) Viewed 9335 times
Heat 2 cars
Heat 2 cars
IMG_3427.JPG (58.91 KiB) Viewed 9335 times
F1 Heat 2
F1 Heat 2
IMG_3428.JPG (77.87 KiB) Viewed 9333 times
Last edited by stoo23 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SlotBaker

Re: HSC Retro CanAm & F1 Round 1 2010

Post by SlotBaker »

Well done Stoo, thanks for posting the report for us slackers who don't turn up, but who are still interested.

Congrats to Mark, Dale, and Wayne for the podium, and Rob for getting up there with them.

Looking forward to seeing the pics.
:)
Steve King
Koford1

Post by Koford1 »

Has anybody seen the pointscore for Round 1?
Regards

Chucky
jacco

Post by jacco »

As far as I know, all results for HSC are at:
http://www.hornsbyslotcars.com.au/race_results/
cheers,
jacco
Koford1

Post by Koford1 »

Thanks Jacco :)

A published point score is all important in maintaining the racers enthusiasm throughout the season.

Looking forward to the next round and hopefully rear track rules will be abided by.
Regards

Chucky
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Yeah, I agree,..it's Great to see the info on HSC's site, so promptly!

Also have to agree with the 'Overall Tyre/Wheel' Width, (or as the Scale guys call it,..'Spur'), of the cars.

I was actually rather surprised :o about both the Number of Super Wide cars, let alone Who's cars they were!!
Not too hard to 'avail' oneself of the Rules. :P ;)